The Restoration & Remediation Working Group is examining the current state of restoration and remediation techniques, and is targeting investigations to test the efficacy of a range of potential applications. The research includes the following considerations:
- the scientific protocols necessary to design and implement restoration strategies
- baseline data for developing effective criteria
- the efficacy and feasibility of restoration and remediation techniques
- prospects for enhancing natural recovery
- opportunities to combine reef remediation with small and micro-enterprise at the local level working on three CRTR research programs.
The Restoration and Remediation Working Group is examining both natural recovery processes and restoration interventions.